Guess what? I did it. With my husband. With no kids in earshot. During the week. OUTSIDE!!! Yes, we had a date day!!!!! I don’t know about you but these are rare and even when we say we’re going to be intentional about it, something always comes up. Usually, it’s just that we’re too tired on a Saturday night to get gussied up and go out. My lovable but homebody husband considers a great Saturday night to be sleeping by 9pm in the living room with the kids watching a movie and draped all over him. I swear he does this bi-weekly. So to have the chance to be together — alone — is cherished so we jumped on the opportunity to enjoy the day at Six Flags Over Georgia for the opening of the DC Comics Superfriends attractions.
Who doesn’t love Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman? I grew up watching Superfriends every Saturday morning — Aquaman was my favorite — so to see these characters given new life through the machine that is Six Flags makes me happy. Now my kids get to know who these iconic comic book personalities are without their old fogey parents telling them.
The opening ceremony was great. The rides are perfect for kids 12 and under (and cool for their parents!) by being appropriately sized and not too scary. My husband is a softy when it comes to roller coasters but even he liked the Superfriends one as well as their version of a miniature Tower of Terror.
Here’s a quick summary of all the attractions:
· SUPERMAN Tower of Power, releasing the daredevil in thrill-seekers of all ages to take on this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride;
· The BATCOPTERS, an opportunity to help save Gotham City by flying high in the sky;
· WONDER WOMAN Flight School, where pilots can earn their wings by flying their own jet;
· HARLEY QUINN Games, filled with villainous games to test your skills against the best in the family; and
· THE JOKER Funhouse Coaster, the supreme family thrill ride named after the ultimate Super-Villain, featuring 900 feet of track, speeding at 30 miles per hour.
So, given that DC Superfriends wants to takeover 2016 at Six Flags, I’m offering a 2 ticket giveaway to Six Flags White Water. It’s a subsidiary of Six Flags and great family fun. In this Atlanta heat, getting wet may be what you need to survive the summer. With your kids or better yet on a date day with your husband……